Monday, May 3, 2010

Madeline and Me

The following is an article about Madeline, one of our former patients at Heartline. She went "home" the other week walking on both legs..MERLIN is a wonderful organization that we worked closely with and one I would recommend people support if they are looking at supporting an organization but are weary.

http://www.merlin.org.uk/Lists/Feature-Detail.aspx?id=883

I know I have posted a lot on here today I guess I have been quite pensive today... I have been home for almost a month and it seems so hard to believe! I have been thinking a lot lately about the psychological side of the people of Haiti and other countries that face similar struggles..I'm trying to not let it paralyze me or turn me into a cynic (proving to be a lot more difficult then appears) But I know now that this is my calling..what I need to do in this world...Either hands on, on the ground or even from a distance if that is all that can happen...I have yet to figure it out but over the next few months I am going to work hard at making this become a reality for me. I will keep you all informed as to where this journey takes me!


Thank you again for all the support!
Lise

No comments:

Post a Comment