Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday's my second favorite day....




I have many friends who have children and although I can agree with them that there is nothing like the sound of a child's laughter I never really understood until about 30 mins ago.


In my previous post I told you all about the malnourished boy who had found his way to our clinic and into my heart (yes I know something easily done but this child is exceptional..) For the past two nights I have struggled with wanting to rescue this little boy from his seemingly apathetic mother and with wanting to help his mother see what a wonderful,special sweet young boy she has..to try and make her love him the way I did after only knowing him for 12 hours.


In that struggle I have been holding him, feeding him, interacting with him, as it is apparent he doesn't get much in the way of interactions...and just trying to provoke an type of emotion from him but to no avail..all I saw was a sad, apathetic little boy..but that all changed this morning....


and maybe its because laughter and smiles took too much energy, energy he didn't have or maybe in us he finally had something to smile about..in any case the sound of his laughter to my ears this morning was golden and I think I can honestly say I have never had a moment like that before, one where i felt as if my heart could fly...


somethings telling me that Monday's might not be that bad after all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment