Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hope..

I have been home for just over a week now and although the luxury and routine of it all is comforting it also bring to the surface many different feelings...

Guilt for all that I have when others have so little, guilt because I was just lucky in the birth placement lottery, guilt when I open the fridge and I get to CHOOSE what I want to eat for supper, guilt for the abundance in this part of the world.

Hopelessness for lack of the ability to really change anything... hopelessness as I think about little Rose and her family living under a tarp with the rains beating down on them...hopelessness for the future of the people of Haiti (and all Third and fourth world nations)...

Apathy for life here...so little really matters when their everyday is a struggle to survive....

Yet I find hope, deep down under all those layers. Hope in the form of a life to be lived (thanks you Matt for showing me that). Hope to live a life that works for change however small that change is. Hope by finding pleasure and meaning in all things happy and sad. Hope in having the opportunity to work towards a better day..to be part of making this world a better place however big the task....

Hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment