Monday, August 8, 2011

almost home

Hey there,

Just a quick post to let you all know that I am safely in Miami. Have been here since sat and head home tomorrow. 2 wonderful nurses I met on the trip have spent the past 2 days with me and for that I am grateful! We didn't really talk too much about our experiences but in ways it has been comforting to spend the time with them. Tonight I am alone and am going to head out for a nice glass of wine and good meal then I might try and post a little later...

My trip was, in most ways like my other times in Haiti..struggling to get back into the Haiti way of living/being, finally finding the groove and then having to turn around and come home...

I had a tough week..I worked 7 long shifts in an area I am in no way knowledgeable about (Peds) and in all ways it was a steep learning curve...

We lost a lot of children (and patients in general all over the compound) but we also helped so so many...

I just don't know....I'm still processing and will hopefully write more and have more to say later...

Thanks for all the support.
Talk to you soon.
Lise

No comments:

Post a Comment