Friday, June 3, 2011

Cholera..again..

Cholera is once again on the rise in Haiti with spread to the Dominican Republic. Its the rainy season there now and that's not a good thing for the spread of Cholera (unless your cholera then its fabulous!)

There is not much media attention about this resurgence but that isn't a surprise. There are many tragedies and needs all over the world..it's mind blowing to me at least that there IS so much need in this world...very upsetting and sad if one is to sit and think about it...

...but there are people working tirelessly to help those in need and I stand in awe of them...I want to inspire you to stand in awe with me ...I'll post soon about cool humanitarian #3 but in the mean time check out this post by Dr. Jen re: Real Hope for Haiti's fight against cholera.. these women are amazing and I really am inspired by them!!


http://sleepydoctor.blogspot.com/2011/06/cholera-how-you-can-help.html

http://www.realhopeforhaiti.org/?p=3985


"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment