Wednesday, December 15, 2010

AWAKE


AWAKE

How perfect a word to describe how I feel at this moment in time....yes, the past few years have awoken me to so much more then I knew existed...the good, the bad, the suffering, the joy, the injustices, the victories, the love, the sorrow, the destruction and the beauty that surrounds me... and when I say AWAKE I mean more then just living life and getting by day to day, I mean being raw and open to all that does and can exist for me out in this world...wow, its amazing..

I know as a person I have changed a lot over the past few years (those who have known me for a long time can, hopefully attest to that!) and its been a trying, sad, beautiful, frustrating, heart expanding and exhilarating process...and one that it is far from over...I know I am more aware then I was 2 years ago and that life and all it's happenings not only occur in my little bubble but also (and to a greater extent) outside that bubble...and I am slowly becoming more and more aware of that world, my world!


I'm not saying I want to get caught up in all the struggles of the world because god knows there are many but I honestly feel like I have a better understanding of what is happening out there whether or not I can/am involved in it. I have chosen to no longer turn away from injustices I see or from the beauty that also exists in this world. I have often found (and looking back on my blog posts of the past) that I dwell in the sadness and injustices of the world and don't revel enough in the equally abundant beauties. So from here on forward I am going to try to seek a better balance..

And now that I feel awake to it all I can see how I can have more of an impact on this world..how I CAN do the things that I only dreamed of once doing...I can also see that the needs of the world are endless and that I, as only one person may only be able do a little to invoke change on a grand scale but I know that even just a little bit can count in the long run....So the words of Mother Teresa hold so true to me for right now and for hopefully the future..

"IF YOU CAN'T FEED ONE HUNDRED PEOPLE,THEN JUST FEED ONE"

No comments:

Post a Comment